Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm Alive

"Stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight
The motor's caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I'm alive and well"

  • As of 02/04/2010 I have been cleared for medical and dental. The legal section is now a "work in progress". Every morning that I check my email I get this strange terrified/excited feeling run through me. The nomination is coming up so quickly and I can't believe it is already March. It keeps shocking me each and everyday that it is THIS YEAR that I will be leaving.
  • NOW for grad school I have to form my committee and then set up my degree plan..or set up my degree plan then form the committee. All of this is so foreign to me. Who should I pick for this VERY strange program. Several variations run through my head: everyone from the research side of this program or two from research and one from International Ag or one that is research/international ag, etc.
  • I was under the impression that I would have my classes out of the way by this fall so that when I came back I would just focus on research but I seem to have misunderstood the set up and I will be taking more classes when I return from OZ.
  • I would hate to jinx myself but I feel that I have found a good rhythm for the studies, not so much for the lab, but that is a work in progress.
  • This post is boring..I apologize. I just wanted to update it. I'm currently in lab looking over some results and working through some homework. Jealous?!

"And today you know that good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I'm alive and well"
-Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment