Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nemetabad Youth Camp


We all love a good photo post?  This post is a photo journal of a youth camp I attended last summer in Nemetabad, a village outside of Yevlax.
Catharine with her lovely sign for us PCV's!

Water collection in the evening.

Catharine made her counterpart an American flag blanket.

Some Azerbaijani dancing.

Tea and friendship bracelets.

I love the farm equipment scattered around the village.

The signs say Happy birthday! It was Catharine's counterpart. We later found out that it was the first time she had celebrated her birthday with a big party.

Katie with one of her favorite students.

I love these ladies!

Random paint marks.

My nemesis, the goose.

Num num num. Delicious birthday cake.

Isn't it darling?

This boy had my attention because he was constantly laughing and having a great time.  It's hard to find people here who are willing to be silly and let loose.  He brought so much energy to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment