Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Remedy

When Dr. Norman Borlaug was asked by a student how to make a change (like Borlaug had) in the world he told them to start with the Peace Corps. As I stress about classes, research, and finding out my country of service sometimes I have to step back and realize that I am in this amazing program to serve and help as best I can.

I have picked my classes for the summer and the first one is my last required PC course. This class is 14 days long, 8 hrs a day, M-Sat. The second course is a Diagnostics of Plant Disease that is all summer.

I've decided to not worry about where I will be placed or when. I will attempt to extend my lease to the end of August and just focus on my classes. When I worry about where I'm going it gets me no where. At this time during the semester, time is precious and that time should be spent on improving my knowledge and furthering my understanding in plant pathology. I say this in HOPE that I follow through.


"Lately I've been feeling low
A remedy is what I'm seeking
Take a taste of what's below
Come away to something better
What I want is what I've not got
But what I need is all around me
Reaching, searching never stop"
-DMB: Jimi Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment