Wednesday, September 29, 2010

*Donna News*

Welcome to the first edition of Donna News!

Since Donna left home, she hasn't had a chance to update her blog, so I figured I would give a well deserved update with some Donna News.

She has been keeping pretty good contact with us via chats and emails and I think that has been helping to keep the melancholy away. She has since moved to her host family and her consistent (daily) internet access has ended, but she will still have access occasionally and is always able to get and respond to letters and care packages!

I have added below her latest email to let you all know how she is doing.

"So I'm at an internet cafe for a short amount of time. Last night was the first time meeting and staying with my host family. They are amazing. The mother is Russian and the father is Azerbaijan. They have three children: Son, 23, in the army (the mother cries when he calls..and so do I), Daughter, 21, in the university studying building management, another son around 12 (really good english for the area). They have fed me and keep me safe. They have a wonderful garden in the back.. Last night the mosquitos kept me awake all night (will NOT be a problem tonight, I plan of fuming them)."

I miss that girl like crazy! I have come to realize there are some things you just can't do the same without your sister. Number one activity that is better with a sister...aggravating parents! Love you mom!

Well, that's it for this edition of Donna News.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    This is MOM! Yes, I was enjoying the constant contact (spoiled really!) but now Donna Marie is moving on. I cannot wait to see her again, hug her for hours and hear all of her stories.
    Later

    ReplyDelete