Sunday, October 24, 2010

*Donna News*

Welcome to the fifth edition of Donna News!!

We finally have some Donna stories to share with you.  Now, some of these are in Donna's own words and some are stories she shared this morning on our video chat.  I was "pleasantly" woken by Randy Newman's "You've Got A Friend In Me" letting me know that someone had started a gchat conversation with me.  It was DONNA!  She had her Mac book with her so I could actually start a VIDEO chat and SEE HER!!! WHOOP!!


She visited a PCV with a bunch of other PCTs and all of them want to start volunteering now and be done with training.  They are ready to help people out and do what they can in the communities around them, but they need to finish their training first.

So I think I will start with the stories that were told to us and then I will finish off with some email clips from Donna herself.

I included photos in Donna's letter that finally arrived, and in one of the photos, my dad, mom and myself were dressed for the Texas Renaissance Festival.  When the host family saw the photo, Donna got the impression that they thought that was how we always dressed.  The best part, Donna didn't bother to correct them!! So now, I think they assume we are going to walk off the plane looking like we come out of medieval times.  Just fabulous!

Donna likes to help out when she is staying with others, such as doing dishes and cleaning up.  You know, being a gracious guest.  Well, one of the days Donna was going to do the dishes for the host mom and could not find the dish soap, so she was rinsing the dishes with hot water and trying to get all the food off assuming that they may not use any type of soap.  The host family freaked out and are now entirely convinced that she does not know how to wash dishes, so any time she tries to go near the sink, all of them shout "NO!" and insist that one of them does the dishes.  Well, that's one way to get out of chores!

Donna hasn't been much of an email writer lately, training is getting tougher and they are working hard to learn everything.  Her brain is turning into a mushy goo with Azerbaijani terms and culture trying to make sense inside.

"I really wish I could be writing you guys more often but my head has been overwhelmed with all the information we are receiving and I’m just dead in my brain most days now. The time at site was nice. I got to take a break and experience the volunteer’s life, which was very helpful. I think some people, including me, now feel like that just want to go straight to site. BUT alas we have 2 more months to go of mental boot camp.
Tomorrow we are going to a place where they have mud volcanoes and some cave drawings. SEE now I can’t even get excited about something nerdy! HAHA!
Now I am listening to some of the music liz sent me and debating when will be my next shower. HAHA! OH the little things in life. I think I’m about to turn in and just read some of my book/fall asleep. You know how these things go with me. I have my stuff together for my shower but the mom isn’t here to help me turn on the water heater so maybe tomorrow morning I will have better luck. WHOOP!"

Well, that is all for now, I leave you with an Aggie WHOOP! because there is no better way to end!

Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment