Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wide Open Spaces

An amazing friend of mine sent me a birthday package with 6 books, 3 mix cd's, and one of the sweetest cards I've ever received. These are all gifts that will help me with my travels and remember the good times back in Tejas.



Wide Open Spaces was one of the songs that I found to perfectly describe me today and my adventures in life. This song I find parallels with another Dixie Chicks song, The Long Way Around. I often am asked why I have such a odd lifestyle and I always respond that I stay open to opportunities and snatch them up when they appear; regardless on how crazy they may be or sound. There are days when I wish my opportunities weren't best friends with my failures though. Today feels like one of those days...only 2 weeks away from my departure it looks as if a hiccup has occurred. As with all adventures in life it wouldn't be the same if it worked out smoothly. What happens will happen and I will learn from it all.




"She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes


She traveled this road as a child
Wide eyed and grinning, she never tired
But now she won't be coming back with the rest
If these are life's lessons, she'll take this test"
Wide Open Space - Dixie Chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment